Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

A Fave Wanton Mee



(Sung to Bee Gees' First of May)


When I was young the wanton mee was fine
We used to eat while mommy/daddy pay;
Now we are tall and go to another stall 
The wanton mee seller he passed away

And so for a while, we ate noodle instant-style
Our memory like our taste faded away
Of that olden style we could not fathom how
Until someone recooked  from yesterday

So I am glad and neighbours are not sad
That the wanton mee is not that bad
And I recall the day I wasn't tall
When the wanton mee was perfect, see

So don't be sore the charsiew look a bore
The taste is fine and the soup's divine
The price is right won't give you a fright
And you won't choke as the wanton is quite shiok

When I was young the wanton mee was fine
Do do do do do do do do do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment