Pages

Monday 21 April 2014

Paper Lantern


To Chinatown there I went
To find a wishing lantern seller
The stall was there on Trengganu Street
Manned by quite an interesting fella

"Lanterns my friend,
To send to the skies
Lanterns my friend,
So your love will never die."

I said choydakalaisee
Why your mouth so stink?
My darling will live forever
She'll last longer... than my kitchen sink!

I was flustered
Didn't know what to say
Sinks and scrubbers came to mind
From a guy selling quick fixes two stalls away

"Wah lau eh,
You compare her to a watery hole?
No wait, that's not quite right
Suggesting she has a leaky pipe!"

He seemed apologetic
So I let it go
For my gal did have incontinence
Always clawed away by some loo

Sheepishly I asked the price
Of those paper balloons in disguise
More like hot air lanterns
To be let loose into inky skies

"Last one... I give you free
Make sure you treat her nice
My own love tale is so-so only
Made dull by a lot of compromise!"

Hmm, a lot of truth in that
As I see uncle in brand new light
He may not have a silver tongue
But he sure does offer Oprah insights

So return I did to my gal
Happy as a breeze-swept tree!
Darling look, see what I got!
Wishing lanterns to bespeak our destiny!

My gal was nowhere to be seen
She's in the loo making a baking scene
"Paper, darling, paper, oh...
Stomach pain.... Food unclean!"

Oh my! Frantic did I search
But no paper roll could be seen
Painfully I had to tear the lantern up
So my girlfriend could walk out...clean 

No comments:

Post a Comment