Pages

Saturday 14 February 2015

Eyes Got Stamp


When you are near
I walk into glass
Step into poo
I stutter
Like in King's Speech
Befuddled like Mr McGoo

Why is this so
When you are near
I am all "seven-hands-eight-legs"?
Can't hold a glass
Grip with chopsticks
I am sure to act
Like a nerdy dick

Oh, why oh why
When you are near
I almost lose my life
Crossing the road
When traffic I should be watching
Instead it's you I am admiring

Oh, why...
When the sun shines bright
There's a halo I see 
Angelic above your head
When it is dandruff fluttering up
I imagine it to be fairy dust

It must be 
Bak jew tak stamp*
Bak jew tak stamp

For when you are
Bak jew tak stamp
There is but one cure

Bite the bullet 
Profess your love
Then follow her after the loo
That's when you'll know
She's like the rest of us
Depositing stinky stinky poo

Unless it is wrapped in ribbon
Then she is a rare rare find
Probably Elvish in her blood
All fair, noble and clean
For elves visit no toilet
As Tolkien has let us to know
Only Dwarves stink up the world
With their yellowed pee snow

So, this Valentine's Day
Be wary of her presents
If it comes in a box
With stuff tied up in ribbons
Even if it looks great like chocolate
Even if it looks great like bonbons

Run away, run away
But since you are 
Bak jew tak stamp
You'll probably think them 
Gold like Ferrero Rocher
Gulp them down mightily
Without shame, without care

Mighty is the veil of ardent love
Mighty is the dart of First Love
For bak jew tak stamp
Is bliss to be enjoyed
A bliss to wish
A stamp you'll never have to courier off 

- by TC Lai on Valentine's Day 2015 *"Bak jew tak stamp" is Hokkien for eyes stucked with stamps, i.e. to be blind with love. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment