Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

We Dance

[For dear Carmen, 2nd April 2011]

I love the waltz
for that is when I can hold you near

Feel the beat of your breast
and the sweetness in your breath

I know I know
I should watch my step

As we twirl and swirl
in a room full of unfamiliar guests

But we do not stumble
you and I

For we have a rhythm
all of our own

I dare not grip you too hard
For with you I can only be tender

Who would not be
With such a creature so slender?

Just to gaze upon those eyes
so kind and gentle

Beyond the music
Beyond the dance

I am swooned
by your many wonders

The softness of your hair
The sweetness of your scent

The lure of your nape
The curve of your waist

Though I stand taller
you are the perfect fit

For us to glide and swoosh
across the floor and more

People look at us
and marvel at our grace

So effortless
So timeless

How did they become
so good, to gel so well

It's as if we were
from another age

When worries and cares
touch us not

When the world was kind
and generous

When the world I believe
was carefree and young?

There is nothing like the waltz
When two kindred souls step in tune

Heart beating as one
Hands clasping as one

The world can be a blur
for all I care

For only you I look
and behold

For only you
the music must play

For only you
my lips will whisper

This waltz, this waltz
I forever dance with you

- by TC Lai

No comments:

Post a Comment