Pages

Sunday 13 January 2013

All I Need Today

In these turbulent times of now
When farmers are even missing cows
So my milk goes a little sour
And life and dreams stutter for a while

The light in my fridge flickers on
Shining a little bare and upon
Not much, some scraps some bits
How much of a hunger will they meet?

Then a knock on the door
And feet sounds on the floor
Friends have come a-calling
What surprises are they now abearing?

A love of ham, a hand of eggs
Things cooked, things baked
They throw open my fridge
And stuff it full and make it peach

Oh, I am starved no more
For friends always come ashore
At times when one feels stranded
Their gaiety have always amended

What I might thirst or hunger
What that fortunes cannot aplunder
It's the presence of their beings
Of laughter, jokes and knee-slapping

It's when with them I hunger not
Even when my stomach is all in a knot
My heart and mind is leaven
Who cares if my fridge is not a heaven

All I need....are for friends to be around
Especially today when old friends are found

- by TC Lai

=== Note ===
The above poem was inspired by a friend's birthday poem below:

What's a birthday without birthday cheers
What's a cheer without friends and peers
Friends of old and friends of new
Peers of then and peers in queue
Friends who cares not what you are
But friends who care of who you are
Friends who see you ever so often
Or those who see you perhaps once upon
It no matter 'coz time waits for no man
And the sun no longer just give you a tan
Pigmentation and old-age spots starts apopping
But nothing beats good old friends who comes a-knockin

Happy Birthday TC
And may your birthday be filled with sweet memories
May Our Lord keep you safe, healthy and wise
To walk together in yours and your loved ones lives
God bless- Angie Cheang



No comments:

Post a Comment