Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

Buffet Regret


Everything so nice
Spread out so wide
More than the eye can see

I look for a plate
The plate so small
It stumped my joyful glee

But they never say
I can't take two plates
Or an extra cup of tea

So back to the table
A few more times
Catching looks from the maitre'd

Did I do a wrong?
Oh, forgot to wear a sarong
So my waistline can wobble free

A bit of Italian
A bit of Chinese
And a whole lot of Jap sushi

My plates a-brimming
Of color and shapes
My eyes glazed over greedily

I am in dreamland
At the buffet line
Like suddenly kenna big 4-D

Happy as a clam
And chomping away
Ignoring my companion's plea

'Eh, slow down bud
You got no need to rush
When the day's young, still early!'

I muffle a reply
He doesn't understand why
Coz my mouth's full of Jap moichi

And towards the end of day
When we have to pay
I am stuffed like a pregnant tee

Hand over mouth
As nausea sweeps
I want to throw up mightily

Slumped in the toilet
Down against a wall
I am regretting too easily

Coz come next buffet
Offer, deal and opp
You find me there again excitedly

So take a gun
Or a pointed knife
And put me out of my misery

For the food I waste
Is a big disgrace
To the worldwide starving humanity

- by TC Lai

No comments:

Post a Comment